The Insights Association, a US based market research industry organization, has launched a new Canadian Chapter, called the Canadian Advisory Council. This follows the demise of the MRIA in July 2018 and the launch of the Canadian Research Insights Council (CRIC) later in 2018.
“The Council’s mission is to protect, expand and advance the business and practice of market and marketing research, intelligence and data analytics/science through member benefits tailored for Canadian insights companies and professionals,” said association CEO David W. Almy.
The Council committee includes insights professionals from across Canada, including:
- Catie Brooks, Strategy & Insights, McDonald’s
- Joseph Chen, Insights Lead, Chocolate, North America, Mondelez
- Corrin Harper, President, Insightrix Research
- Isabelle Landreville, President & Chief Insight Seeker, Sylvestre & Co.
- Bernie Malinoff, President, element 54
- Scott Megginson, President, Insights Division, Kantar Canada
- Raj Manocha, Chief Revenue Officer, Delvinia; President, Methodify
- Aileen O’Doherty, Head of Customer Insights, Home Depot
- Alyssa Rodrigo, Director of Insights, AbinBev
- Lee Vernon, Manager, Commercial Insights and Planning, Metro
- Catherine Yuile, Executive Vice President, Insights & Analytics, Edelman
Scott Megginson is chairing the Council with Alyssa Rodrigo serving as vice chair.
The IA, which already counts many Canadian members in its ranks, expects to hold two events in Toronto this year. The first – scheduled for May 13-15 – is an addition to the association’s CEO Summit series, which made its international debut in London last fall; while the second – Insights CA – is a new insights and analytics conference emphasizing paths to success.